Sunday, July 10, 2011

PE1_iMovie

So... Today I decided to start watching the Lynda tutorials on iMovie. I just want to take this moment to point out that the new tutorial is 3hours and 28 minutes as opposed to the 2 hours and 22 minutes. :)

I must say that it is really impressive to have a place to go and watch these tutorials. When I first started working with iMovie I would just toggle back and forth between my project and the help screen. Even though it has been a couple of months since I started this masters program, I am by no means an expert on iMovie. At least once a project something happens and I have no idea how I got it to do what it did. I am very excited to learn how to make my future movies look professional and high-tech so that I may engage my students with good media in the classroom.

I completed the first three chapters today in Lynda and I am already learning so much. In the beginning it is just the basic interface and setup explanations. I thought it would be boring but I learned some new shortcuts today. Also, there is a toolbar in the middle of the Project and Event area that I never really learned. Today the narrator discussed what some of them are and I am excited to learn how to use them in my editing.


Some specific things I learned include: switching the event library and project area for my room (pictured above), changing the frame time, previewing clip selections and muting audio while skimming. All of these are going to make such a huge difference when it comes to project area and minimizing distractions.

I can't wait to get to the heart of editing a new video. Stay posted to see what else I can learn. The sky is the limit!!!

1 comment:

  1. Great! Good Luck with everything. I am starting the tutorials tomorrow...I would say more, but I just spent 30 minutes playing with the fish in the top right corner of your blog, LOL.

    ReplyDelete