Thursday, July 14, 2011

PE3_iMovie

My mom would be so proud!!

I was dreading having to do homework tonight but then my brother went to the hospital for kidney stones and I figured that I didn't have it that bad.

I must say that when I was watching the tutorials on editing the video, using transitions, voiceovers, and inserting music I felt pretty good about myself. All of my playing around in the last three months has really paid off. While I was jimmy rigging a lot of my videos I really knew the basics. These last couple of tutorials really helped me fine tune what I was doing. If anything it really explained to me what and how the different tools worked together.

A cool new thing that I learned was the sound wave button. I have never used or even really noticed this button before. It makes me feel so powerful when I can adjust and see all of the sound waves in real time. It really helped when I was adding sound effects and music to my video. When I was working on my video I was able to put in some background music and lower the volumes of different audio in each clip. I was also very excited about editing to a beat. I just finished summer school today and I can't wait to put all of those pictures to a cool song. My director asked me to publish something to the website and thanks to these tutorials it is going to be great!

Unfortunately, I felt like the last chapter was very redundant. It was all about sharing through iMovie. Most of the formats looked exactly the same, especially the ones that had to do with social media sites. I feel as though that could have been condensed or explained that they were so similar.

Overall I feel like I learned a lot through this experience and I can't wait to use all that I have learned to advance my skills to the Final Cut level. If I forget anything I have 5 pages of notes to look at. Stop laughing at me...and watch the video I made. I had to just stop because I spent forever playing around with the program.

No comments:

Post a Comment