Thursday, July 21, 2011

PE5_Glogster



In Cleveland today we hit the highest temperature that we have had in the past 15 years-98 degrees but with the heat index it feels like 113 degrees. Needless to say, I was not hanging out in my backyard today. This gave me a chance to play around with Glogster more today.

After getting a chance to step back from the program, I enjoyed what it offered much more and I felt less frustrated with the advertising. I was able to create a rough sketch of what the students could do when they create their Glog for my RILS.

I was easily able to insert images and text which is all that they will need to be able to complete for this scenario. I was able to explore all of the backgrounds and different text options. There are so many that it was hard to choose just a couple of them. My students are going to love the chance to have so much freedom in their creativity. Saving and publishing it was very simple as well. I now know the process in which I will have them save them so that I can grade them in an efficient manner.

Once things are uploaded to the Glogster website, it saves them for the account holder. This makes it easy to reuse an item. Because of this, I think that I am going to give the students extra time to complete this RILS so that they can explore Glogster, upload materials, and have time to do what they really want to for their finished project. This will turn my scenario into a two day project, which is going to be just right.

I think that this is a Web 2.0 resource that will prove to be very helpful in my classroom. The only snag that I have run into so far is that I had to ask for permission to unblock the website. Can't wait for the students to complete this RILS.

No comments:

Post a Comment