Tuesday, July 12, 2011

PE2_iMovie

It was 91 degrees here today. For those of you making fun of me, that is really hot to teach summer school in Ohio with no air conditioning. So afterwards, I treated myself to ice cream and a nap; it was glorious. So amazing in fact that I figured I should get some homework done when I woke up. I watched the iMovie tutorials for Chapters 4, 5, and half of 6.

In my spare time today


Again, I am blown out of the water. There are so many things that I learned today. I actually took the time to download the other exercise files and I did everything along with the narrator. In the last blog I mentioned that I couldn't wait to learn how to use the buttons in the center of the interface. You bet your bottom dollar that I learned, and I took notes on it today.

One of the best things that iMovie offers is the ability to organize your clips. I love that I can tag and mark things as my favorite. It is similar to iPhoto. This is great because then I can find exactly what I am looking for, especially when I am doing projects for homework. I also didn't realize that when I was clicking delete on a clip that it was just going to a different file instead of leaving my hard drive. Now I know how to correctly dispose and organize my materials.

  
All of my rejected clips
Since I had being doing a lot of things through trial and error, it was cool to learn some of the more sophisticated tools. I am so proud of myself for learning how to use the precision editor, clip trimmer, and, inspector window. These helped me take the knowledge that I had one step further. I was able to shift my clips without changing the length of them and I was able to correct small overlaps or unnecessary clips.
Mom would be so proud of my editing!!!

My favorite part that I learned today was how to incorporate pictures into my videos. This was something that I personally struggled with last month while I was making videos. A lot of my peers were very kind in giving me directions on how to utilize them, but watching the videos today made it much clearer to me. While I am still making mistakes on my practice videos, it is good to know more than I did before and with more practice I will land it just right. I feel like I am well on my way to being an expert. Watch out Hollywood, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment