Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Week 3 Comment 1: Drew's Blog

Photo from Microsoft Clip Art



Original Post:
My favorite part of this week’s reading from The Art of Possibility was the 8th practice, “Giving Way to Passion.”  My life is dominated by my passions and I strive to follow those passions.  It is my passion for photography and the natural world that has led me to where I am today and it is my passion for education that has brought me to the EMDT program at Full Sail.  As I mentioned in one of my commenting posts last week, it isn’t the easiest path and often there is no path, but I wouldn’t have it any other way.  For me, it is the passion that I have for my work that allows me to push the boundaries with visual storytelling.
It is also the passion (some might call it obsession) that enables me to get through the really tough times when things don’t go well, projects fall through, and money is tight.  It is the passion that gets me out of bed each morning excited about the opportunities that are out there.  There is a constant battle between the fear (as mentioned last week) and my passion.  Most days passion the passion wins but it is a daily challenge.  I must say, the good days are worth fighting through the bad days though…  Let go of your fear and give way to your passion!

My Response:
Awesome post Drew. I think that my favorite part of this week's reading was also the part about passion. This is something that inspires people and drives people to do great things. It is not always easy but the passion become the motivation to push through the rough times. I like your connection to last week about pushing through the fear. My husband is living his dream selling salt water coral and fish. He loves what he does, but everyday is a risk when he places new orders. There might be days were he gets a shipment where some fish died, or there was a tropical storm so his order was cancelled. It is because he is so passionate about his hobby that he pushes through and continues to do what he loves. Keep up the great work and I think your passion for education, photography, and nature has really done great things for the educational world everywhere. 

No comments:

Post a Comment