Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Week 3 Leadership Post: Where to present?


Photo from Microsoft Clip Art

Since I have decided to present, I have been looking at various conferences around the nation. I started looking at tropical locations, but I am finding that a lot of conferences are already in session for the next couple of months. This made my search a little bit of challenge, but I thought outside of the box with my CBR project. Here is what I have decided:

Plan A:
I would like to present my CBR Project and its results at the 2012 AECT International Convention. It is in October, which will give me plenty of time to prepare for the convention. Also the final call for presentations is March 2, which will give me plenty of time to get my application fine-tuned to present to them. This is a perfect setting for me to describe how my CBR project used technology to increase parental involvement in my classroom. While it may not be tropical, Louisville, Kentucky would be a great place to visit, and meet a lot of great people in the same field.

Plan B:
The more I thought about what my presentation dealt with, the more doors opened to various types of conferences. My plan B is to present at the National PTA conference in California on June 21st. I think that since my topic was parent involvement, it would be great to present in a setting where I can show how technology helped further that cause. This backs my research that states that teachers have to reach out to parents in order to get the strong parent-teacher conference.

Both options are great and I will have to narrow it down for the final presentation.

1 comment: